An Important Job For Important People

on Thursday 25 February 2010
As I am sitting down in the computer lab (we call it the access room), I wonder about the joy of being in the occupation I'm in right now. Lets see... there isn't much to complain about when you get to sit in an air-conditioned room, go online and blog about me being in an air-conditioned room, and make sure that the kids in here don't make too big of a fuss.

What do we plan out for the minority students? Since in my previous blog I mentioned the exuberance of some teachers to create exciting activities to build character, I've resorted to showing them English movies instead. My reasoning for this is that the English movies at least will expose them to the English language. Really. Watching movies is essential in building up the vocabulary and pronunciation. Really! Zombieland can be very very educational. Especially in terms of vocabulary. Real obscure vocabulary. I mean, not every movie has the vocabulary:

AHHUUUUUAAAAARRrrrrgggGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

So what is my part of this learning process that helps students become better more wholesome people?

The only serious thing I did to benefit the kids is:

"Yes, you may go to the toilet. Go... Go..."

0 comments:

Post a Comment