Tawau!

on Wednesday 27 April 2011
Yo! Am currently in Tawau for Phase 3 & 4 of MBI course. It's a continuation of the course that I attended few weeks ago. This time, the letter came in early, so at least I had some time to arrange my transport etc.

I drove all the way to Tawau. My longest drive ever! Think that Sandakan-Kinabatangan roads are horrible? Try driving in Lahad Datu's road. Gravel roads for quite a stretch because they are currently upgrading the roadworks there. Poor car.. I left Sandakan with a Granite Grey car, reached Tawau in a Muddy Grey car.

Having a car is super flexible! When I am at a new place, something that I will always do is to ask 'What are the food that are to die for here?!' and I did just that. The Tawau people recommended 'Pisang goreng cheese', 'pisang goreng penyet' and mango sago in this place called Indo Cafe. We were all excited to try out the food stated above.

Indo cafe is actually situated in town. With the help of a map drawn by Lili (thanks dear!), we managed to find it.

We ordered 2 sets of pisang goreng cheese and pisang goreng penyet, 2 avocado sago for Eva and Peter (Teachers from Lahad Datu) and one mango sago for myself. How was it? Let the pictures do the talking.

The ultimate banana fritters! Pisang goreng cheese - fried banana with cheddar cheese and brown sugar! To die for!

Pisang goreng penyet - not nice.. not our taste..

Avocado sago - very milky and 'eggy' according to Eva

Mango sago - yummy! Rich in mango taste.. smooth


We were banana-fied that night! We ate so many bananas till we're like super full! The entire meal cost us RM29. Then we went to Vincci! Tawau has a Vincci store! Me love!! Bought a pair of studded wedges.. was in love with it!

Well, trip for food in Tawau so far so good! I mean the food trip.. :P

More updates to come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment