Choral Speaking of 5 Ibnu Sina

on Tuesday 26 April 2011
Last week was a hectic week in school. On Saturday, the Chief Minister of Sabah will be coming to officiate our 'Hari Anugerah Iltizam SMK Elopura 2'. The entire event was brought forward by one week! We had less than a week to settle everything..to make sure that all the programmes run smoothly on that day. I was actually in charge of organizing the price receivers.. thus, not much preparation to do.

The banner and colourful balloons..

Cikgu Nik, the PK HEM told me to help out with the choral speaking team. The school doesn't have a choral speaking team. This team that I am talking about is actually students of 5 Ibnu Sina. They performed choral speaking for English Day which is held every wednesday of the week. I was suprised by the quality of their performance although they had only practice for about a week. Due to still splendid performance, Cikgu Nik suggested to make them perform in front of the Chief Minister.

Camwhoring while waiting for the arrival of CM :P

The nail biting thing is that they have to learn all the moves and gestures within 2 days! 2 days! I was worried myself. Puan Shanti, their English teacher and myself were watching over them like a hawk. They practiced the entire day, trying to perfect the moves etc. Tired faces shown all over their face but the teachers had to keep encouraging them, telling them what a golden opportunity this is and how IMPORTANT is the
performance.

CM giving his speech

On THE day... they were all nervous and starting to realize how important their performance will be. Don't talk about them, I myself could feel my heart thumping loudly. I was nervous too despite putting a brave face to the students. I crossed my fingers behind my back as they walked up the stage.

'Oh please God, let them remember all the moves and be confident', my heart whispered.

The 6 minutes performance was a nerve wrecking process. As they finished, I heard loud applause from the audience. They were awesome! I was very proud of them. They smiled, remembered their lines and moves and very confident.

5 Ibnu Sina rocking the stage

The best part has yet to come... before the CM left the school.. he gave us a BIG gift.. he gave us

RM 2 500 cash for the choral speaking team! wooootttt!!

CM loved their performance! I am so PROUD of all of them... very proud! There's just a very satisfied feeling.. I personally feel that this is a big recognition for the students.

5 Ibnu Sina... I AM PROUD OF YOU! You rocked the stage!! WOoooooooooooooooooooo.....

Finally the event is over! Posing with students' gifts.. hehe


p/s: The CM also awarded another RM 2 500 to the Kadet Koreksional for their awesome marching and formation! They really deserve it!






0 comments:

Post a Comment